Thursday, March 20, 2014

Kitchen Help

Just a quick post about a typical morning in our house.  Phil has started coming home for lunches recently, which really delights all three of us girls.  I want to try and keep his trips home relaxing and enjoyable, and so I have begun making our lunches after breakfast while the girls play.  Sometimes they don't seem to notice, but more often they congregate at my feet and seek ways to participate.
The first stirrings of interest.
Eloise was busy measuring things this morning.  After coming to my doctor's appointment and watching me get measured for height (5'8" - I will take it!), she has commandeered the measuring tape and uses it quite a bit.  I had been working for a few minutes when she began to measure my feet.
Helping make the salad.  Notice that my foot is still very interesting.
I hadn't anticipated having help this morning, so I didn't set her up as well as I would have otherwise, but we improvised.  Eloise got her apron & towel and climbed up to help arrange the cut vegetables in the salad.  (We had a spinach salad with sliced NY Strip and an apple for lunch. Eloise also had a hot dog & Isabel slept through but ate avocado, potato and steak later.)

In the interim, Isabel had made her way from the office to my feet and was very busy exploring my toes & slapping the top of my foot.  She loves to slap objects!  Isabel eventually came to sit with us in her high chair and we all shared a pear. Between the last picture and this one she transitioned to a late morning nap.

Taking her work a step further.
I moved onto peeling a five pound bag of carrots. I had originally planned on heading to the park before lunch, but since were going to be playing nap merry-go-round today, I decided to knock out a few more cook's tasks.  Eloise didn't have much interest in helping me with the peeling & cutting, spent some time counting the carrots, but once that was finished she hopped down and I assumed that she had gone to play.  Instead, she brought over her Eating the Alphabet book by Lois Ehlert. She checked to see if carrots made the cut.  They did, phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment